• Please log in to reply
598 replies to this topic

#1 edge

edge

Stukzuki

• Members
  • 2816 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

Dates for the 2014 have been released :biggrin:Round 1 : May 3 - 4 Arcadia Farms, Jurien Bay Round 2 : October Arcadia Farms, Jurien Bayhttp://www.perth4x4....2&postcount=335Information on 2014's events will be posted from page 9 onwards Further info, rules and regs and entry forms will be posted once they become available :cool:Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 madmacca

madmacca

4x4 Images

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

:) Great stuff guys

#3 olemate

olemate

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

Doesnt look like my truggy will be done by then so if you need crew im in. Dont mind helping out considering you all helped with mudd flatts. Sent from the family throne

#4 Z()LTAN

Z()LTAN

Tom Outlaws 4X4

• Members
  • 2208 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

A competition for which my car is made! I'm in!

#5 mad rangie

mad rangie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:50 AM

Great news. About time some one made a comp for this place Looks like a great new format of racing Will be their cheers Ian

#6 Patrolling Paddy

Patrolling Paddy

• Members
  • 1014 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

My rig is still in rebuild but I spose I better pull my finger out and get it finished and this is as good a reason as any. I'm in if you'll have me.

#7 edge

edge

Stukzuki

• Members
  • 2816 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

Cheers for the support everyone and to those who have already shown their interest in competing or volunteering we will be in touch. :thumbsup: Patrolling Paddy, you competed in WestOz didnt you, white ute with dual spares on the tray ? Just to mention also, a couple things that will definitely be required on yours cars for safety reasons will be working windscreen wipers and sprayers, working head and tail lights including reverse lights, a working horn and one or more adequately sized rear view mirror.

#8 ausyota

ausyota

Lux Driver

• Members
  • 1110 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

Im keen as! Just as long as I can get the weekend off work.

#9 Bushranger1

Bushranger1

Bushranger@heart

• Members
  • 4190 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

working windscreen wipers sprayers.
Check:thumbsup:
working headlights.
tail lights.
reverse lights.
working horn.
adequately sized rear view mirror.

Bummer I can't come up as a spectator :crybaby2:.
One day, when the insurance doesn't suck the guts out of everthing, maybe we can get to watch a spectacular event (I've always enjoyed watching the guys on here going hard).

#10 Z()LTAN

Z()LTAN

Tom Outlaws 4X4

• Members
  • 2208 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

Give it time mate, let them iron out all the kinks then you'll see spectator comps coming through

#11 edge

edge

Stukzuki

• Members
  • 2816 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Yer its unfortunate, but we are aiming for spectators to be permitted in the coming year or so.

#12 GASSED GU

GASSED GU

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

I'm keen for the demo dirby, I mean racing

#13 ToyTruck

ToyTruck

Matt

• Members
  • 741 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

Windscreen wipers and Sprayers ???

#14 Patrolling Paddy

Patrolling Paddy

• Members
  • 1014 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

Patrolling Paddy, you competed in WestOz didnt you, white ute with dual spares on the tray ?

That was me.

#15 Z()LTAN

Z()LTAN

Tom Outlaws 4X4

• Members
  • 2208 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:48 AM

Obviously if you have no windscreen a helmet with face shield and adequate cleaning ability will be taken into consideration

#16 edge

edge

Stukzuki

• Members
  • 2816 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

Got clarification from the boss man today and yes, if you have no way of safely attaching a windscreen ie some of the buggies, then a helmet that covers your face and ripoffs will be considered.

Going up to the property on the weekend to start marking out some of the tracks, hit this bunting and you are going to know about it :lol:

Posted Image

#17 Z()LTAN

Z()LTAN

Tom Outlaws 4X4

• Members
  • 2208 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

Is that a bet? ;)

#18 edge

edge

Stukzuki

• Members
  • 2816 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

Nah these are the ones for your track Tom

Posted Image

#19 Beattie

Beattie

Gettofab!!

• Members
  • 1533 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

What kind of cars is this suited to guys? You havnt said anything about ccda, cages, Navvys, buggys, rego or is it open to any poor sucker that doesn't mind alot of panel damage :-P Im itching to build something again but dout doubt ill have the cashflow by October but keen to vaulinteer where ever possible, or navvy/pit crew for anybody!

#20 edge

edge

Stukzuki

• Members
  • 2816 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

Rules and regs are being finalised and will be available soon. They will be based on R & R's from several different events and associations one of them being CCDA, they will be fairly unrestrictive and based more on safety issues then whether your car looks factory or not. If you have competed in the bigger local events before, like you have, then you will be aware of the standard of build we are looking for ;)

The comp itself will be more of an endurance race then a destruction test, you shouldn't break your car on lap 1 or 2 it will be lap 6 or 7, after you have been smashing the rocks a little harder then you normally would, or you have been hitting the mud or the jumps a little quicker then you probably should have, that is when you are going to find the weakest parts of your driveline ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users