• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#1 ozzypatrol

ozzypatrol

BJ

• Members
  • 2628 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:00 PM

Finally got a photo on my computer so here we go. it's not the best but oh well1990 GQ Nissan Patrol 4.2 turbo deisel LWB DXAutowatch alarm system with motion and vibration pick ups35" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws5" King springsKONI 88 series adjustable shocksTough Dog PanhardsCustom Shock towersSnake racing Breaided brakelinesARB front roof consoleRear IPF spotty2x Lightforce 240 BLITZ with crystal blue lenses 1 combo 1 spotUniden removable face cb going through a GME 4.5 arialFront arb air lockerRear arb air lockerUnder bonnet compressorSafari snorkel going through finer filter and unifilter foamies3" exhaust straight throughThree BatteriesArb roof rackGarmin GPSmap 60csTough Dog RTCCustom rock slidersLeather Bucket Seats3 way power outletDenco turbo @ 8psiSnake Racing front diff guardRock LightsSnake Racing adjustable lower control armsOutback rear drawersMega huge guard chopSuperior engineering super flex radius armsCheezy Racing winch barLED volt meterYuri hardend CV'sSoon to come: engine mods (going for 150rwkw on 35"), warn winch, 2" body lift and an 'A' frame rear

Attached Files

#2 peanutsfmx

peanutsfmx

Pete is much better than me

• Members
  • 2183 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:05 PM

one sweet truck gonna look sik when you get that lift n 35's man

#3 ozzypatrol

ozzypatrol

BJ

• Members
  • 2628 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:04 PM

this is kinda what I started with apart from the front air locker and the tyresTHIS IS AN OLD PHOTO

Attached Files

#4 Pootrol

Pootrol

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:26 PM

haha BJ is that all the flex you have?!!! bwahaha

#5 ozzypatrol

ozzypatrol

BJ

• Members
  • 2628 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:26 PM

its not to bad for a SAGGED FRONT END is it dom, not naming people DOM? joking dude, see my nextpost that'll cheer you up knowing i almost rolled my car off the edge at kwinana when i couldn't stop

#6 ozzypatrol

ozzypatrol

BJ

• Members
  • 2628 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:28 PM

How does yours go anyway? havent seen pics of the car in action since its had the lift, remember i missed out my brakes failed

#7 Pootrol

Pootrol

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:32 PM

haha yeah its awsome i cant beleive how much difference its made! even for beach/dune driving!

#8 ozzypatrol

ozzypatrol

BJ

• Members
  • 2628 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:32 PM

it affects it? how? wouldn't know the difference cos mine was lifted when i got it and its had all that castor crap done :smt078

#9 Pootrol

Pootrol

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:39 PM

well it just bottoms out less.. in the sand going up sand hills/dunes less drag keeps the momentum going! plus with more clearance and articulation.. you know what that means!

#10 Scolers

Scolers

nullem excrementum?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:06 AM

Nice beast mate. That should get you to some good surfing spots ... ;)Scol.

#11 ozzypatrol

ozzypatrol

BJ

• Members
  • 2628 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:14 PM

Now with an rtc, cheers to Golding for helping install it and spot my new oil leak. pics up soon :icon_weed

#12 Pootrol

Pootrol

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:33 PM

of your oil leak? :tongue2:

#13 ozzypatrol

ozzypatrol

BJ

• Members
  • 2628 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:26 AM

its stopped, its still going to get checked out but? maybe the stop leak worked :kermit:

#14 ozzypatrol

ozzypatrol

BJ

• Members
  • 2628 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:23 PM

The custom rock sliders i made up go on tomorrow (tuesday), i'll post the picks up of them and the rtc

#15 ozzypatrol

ozzypatrol

BJ

• Members
  • 2628 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 08:37 PM

Sorry peoples not on yet, they have been all made up, the mounting plates have all been welded to the chassis, so no i'm in the process of sanding and painting them, with any luck they'll be on by the weekend

#16 FourSpin

FourSpin

Camel Cabby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:33 PM

how the F**K are you mounting these things...do you plan on see-sawing your truck regularly??? that is some hardcore shit welding mounting plates...dedication / over engineering :color:

#17 Pootrol

Pootrol

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 03:33 AM

how the F**K are you mounting these things...do you plan on see-sawing your truck regularly??? that is some hardcore shit welding mounting plates...dedication / over engineering :color:

its bj... :thumbsup:

#18 ozzypatrol

ozzypatrol

BJ

• Members
  • 2628 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:07 PM

Well i'll give you the full shibango when the photos are up. Should be tomorrow as i've just put the final coat of anti rust and primer on 3 coates. Tomorrow i'll put the three coates of black on and vella! Bolt em on and slide away. But to answer your question, i have drilled and tapped two holes in 9mm plate (6 plates) then they have been welded to the chassis and the actuall sliders have a 13mm hole so i just bolt them onto the plates.

#19 ozzypatrol

ozzypatrol

BJ

• Members
  • 2628 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:34 PM

Finally finishedFinally my rocksliders are done. I started with 12 mild steel plates all measuring 10mm x 80mm x 110mm. Once these were cut i drilled and tapped 12mm holes, in 6 of the plates in opposite corners. the other six copped a 13mm hole in matching corners. Then i cut six lengths of mild steel box section 50 x 50 x 6mm (these to be the outriggers) one end of each was cut a a 35 degree angle. This angled end was then welded to the plates with the 13mm holes, facing the 110mm edge (photos will explain). Then i cut grooves in the ends of the outriggers for the actual slider rail to sit in.Next i decided where i want the mounting plates and had them welded to the chasis, and retapped them to prevent binding due to the heat from the weld, just incase there was some slag or distortion. I then bolted the outriggers on and cut some 50mm x 6mm tube and welded that to the outriggers. Unbolted them and welded some elbows on the end to neaten it up (spewin i only had 3 so i'm missing one till i get my hands on another, its not to noticable).Then came the fun job of cutting back the surface rust on the metal and priming it with 3 coates of red oxide, once dry another 3 coates of jet black. Just gotta get me hands on some grip tape (on the way) to put on the rails so they can be used as side steps. They where then bolted to the the chassis plates using grade 8.8 high tensile bolts and single spring washers with neva-seize on the threads to prevent binding.I've designed mine so they sit about 20mm below the chasis rail but still offer adequate protection for the sills. I didn't like the look of side steps so i chopped 70mm of of the out riggers, now they are purely there for chassis and sill protection. Cheers to PJ for doing the welding. Here's the photos, enjoy

Attached Files

#20 ozzypatrol

ozzypatrol

BJ

• Members
  • 2628 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:36 PM

oh and all that black stuff around the mounting plates is sikaflex to stop any water getting between the tapped plate and the chassis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users