Perth4x4.net Forums

Go Back   Perth4x4.net Forums > General Discussion > The Backyard

Notices

Old 29-01-2008
With gusto !

Default free camping moore river / guilderton

Are there any free camping sites in / near Moore river / Guilderton?
Old 29-01-2008

wilbinga?!
Old 29-01-2008
With gusto !

I've been reading about it, but I'd prefer closer to Moore River as I've got a roof top tent and once it's set up, it's really annoying having to pack it up to go anywhere, so we're looking for something probably within walking distance of Moore River
Old 02-02-2008

I camp at 3 mile reef overnight when fishing and have seen people camped all through the dunes behind me there at times. 3 mile is about 3 mile north of town or about 2 kms or so along the beach from the rock groyne car park. Can also drive up past the light house and along the tracks behind the dunes.
Old 04-02-2008
Full Metal Gonads

Not sure if you meant you wanted to be near the beach or not, but if not, then turn right onto the gravel track instead of left on the bitumen to go to Guilderton when heading north along the lancelin road. That track goes a few clicks up to the river and there are some great places to camp along there. I would imagine there are bream up there if you want to fish (haven't tried, just assuming) and in summer if you are keen and have big power, tyres, lockers and winch you can drive about 20km UP the river, literally as in IN the river which is awesome fun.
Old 04-02-2008

Hi, I'm interested in the same question. I looked up on the Gingin shire website and it says that it is illegal to camp on only site other than caravan parks. Does anyone know if the shire enforces this at all?
Thanks for your input, Chris.
Old 04-02-2008
G man's Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisomo View Post
Hi, I'm interested in the same question. I looked up on the Gingin shire website and it says that it is illegal to camp on only site other than caravan parks. Does anyone know if the shire enforces this at all?
Yes the rule is aparrently that you can not camp within 16km of a caravan park or on any areas signed as "no camping" or on private property without consent of the owner. Sucks hey.
I have seen heaps of people camped in the dunes at the southern side of the river mouth. Just drive in from Wilbinga and up the beach to the river (flies were realy bad before Christmas, but I don't know how they are now). Don't set camp till after dark. Go fishing and pack up early.
Patrol GU4 3L 33"MickeyT, ARB bar rails winch LR tanks 3" lift XGT240s HID lights dieselgas chip 3" ss zaust air locker 2 compressors solar pannels 3 batteries HF-UHF radios and custom camper trailer.
Old 07-02-2008
Bitter Emu

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisomo View Post
Yes They certainly do, i know first hand. The police partol the groin near the lighthouse and if they spot you, they also inform the rangers.