Perth4x4.net Forums

Go Back   Perth4x4.net Forums > General Discussion > The Backyard

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21-06-2008
debt propelled

Default car lovers Joondalup

Aaron,(what?) and I had the miss fortune of a run in with the owner of Carlovers Joondalup today. Firstly he walked around my vehicle which had a small amount of mud on it and then asked me if I had seen the sign about not being able to wash my vehicle at his carwash and that I should leave. I told him I hadn't seen the sign and then asked him why I couldnt wash my 4x4 there. He informed me that the council rangers patrol his carwash regularly due to the black mud from the Piggery was a EPA pollution hazard and also damaged his machinery. One of things he did inform me of is that rangers can fine you for washing that mud into drains. Penalties start at $100. I suggested he make up a flier to point out the reasons why you can't wash you muddy 4x4 at his establishment instead of going off half cocked as he did later in the day when Aaron went to wash his muddy Cruiser. On this occasion he theatened to call the cops and got everybodies heckles up. I managed to defuse the situation and reitterated the info flier as a way of making people see sense. If you go there with a muddy car and he hands you a flier, read it. This way everyone is made aware of the reasons and there need not be any agro.The owner has also told me he will get a bigger sign made up and put in a more prominent location. The Rhino wash in Beldon hasn't yet changed their rules on muddy cars but don't be surprised if this changes in the near future. My 2 cents
Cheers
Alby
Old 21-06-2008
troll fever again!!!

yeh partly my bad....we all usd to go there about 12months ago after some mudpit trips n left bulk mud in the bays. probly sick of it as too mnay 4x4's are goin now.
Old 21-06-2008

so you can only take clean cars to the car wash, makes sense
Old 21-06-2008
debt propelled

We are talking mud, dont get technical
Old 21-06-2008
BFGEFITB42GQ4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby_39 View Post
One of things he did inform me of is that rangers can fine you for washing that mud into drains. Penalties start at $100.
That's stupid... for the $20 it often costs to give your 4x4 a decent wash there, they should be able to afford filters and sludge pits to stop the mud/bulk sediments going down the drain anyway... and aren't they meant to be recycling the water the carwash uses too?

Greedy bastard just want money for nothing!

"Once again, a knife- wielding maniac has shown us the way." -- Bart Simpson
Old 22-06-2008
infraction propeled

yeah, the guy their is a di** head, just got their late at night, but rhino is good cause they havnt got any signs yet. and are a better car wash.
and what if the muds not from the pigery, cause its a no go zone i dont go their, but their is plenty of other places that has mud.
Old 22-06-2008
The Dawg

I've been banned from a coupld of places around here too but i just drive in the exit now and make sure i have coins so they dont catch me.
Old 22-06-2008

hahahaha car lovers joondalup!

Late night runs are the way to go!
Old 23-06-2008
MSADVNCHA

What did he think the cops were gonna do? Probably get pissed that he is wasting their time... Pretty sure it's not an offence in the Criminal Code.
Old 25-06-2008
WTFauto !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
That's stupid... for the $20 it often costs to give your 4x4 a decent wash there, they should be able to afford filters and sludge pits to stop the mud/bulk sediments going down the drain anyway... and aren't they meant to be recycling the water the carwash uses too?

Greedy bastard just want money for nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget View Post
yeah, the guy their is a di** head, just got their late at night, but rhino is good cause they havnt got any signs yet. and are a better car wash.
and what if the muds not from the pigery, cause its a no go zone i dont go their, but their is plenty of other places that has mud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby_39 View Post
Aaron,(what?) and I had the miss fortune of a run in with the owner of Carlovers Joondalup today. Firstly he walked around my vehicle which had a small amount of mud on it and then asked me if I had seen the sign about not being able to wash my vehicle at his carwash and that I should leave. I told him I hadn't seen the sign and then asked him why I couldnt wash my 4x4 there. He informed me that the council rangers patrol his carwash regularly due to the black mud from the Piggery was a EPA pollution hazard and also damaged his machinery. One of things he did inform me of is that rangers can fine you for washing that mud into drains. Penalties start at $100. I suggested he make up a flier to point out the reasons why you can't wash you muddy 4x4 at his establishment instead of going off half cocked as he did later in the day when Aaron went to wash his muddy Cruiser. On this occasion he theatened to call the cops and got everybodies heckles up. I managed to defuse the situation and reitterated the info flier as a way of making people see sense. If you go there with a muddy car and he hands you a flier, read it. This way everyone is made aware of the reasons and there need not be any agro.The owner has also told me he will get a bigger sign made up and put in a more prominent location. The Rhino wash in Beldon hasn't yet changed their rules on muddy cars but don't be surprised if this changes in the near future. My 2 cents
Cheers
Alby

they do recycle and a lot goes back to the drains and thats where the environmental hazard lies , if they get pinged for it it is a LOT of money and their business gets shut down. its the same reason why powerlines mudpits are off limits (dieback) so that hazards to the environment are contained.

i just wanted to point that out ..

i think its ****ty myself aswell but hey i realise it and live with it by scrubbing mine on my own lawn and dealing with all the funky stuff that grows there now..

top work on suggesting better signage it sounds like he went off a bit but he probably gets all these late nighters leaving sediment and all kinds of people trying to wash their crap off at his business (above points)
Closed Thread