Perth4x4.net Forums

Go Back   Perth4x4.net Forums > For Sale > Vendors Area > 4x4 Extras

Notices

Old 31-10-2011

Default Steinbauer Diesel performance module

I thought I would make every one aware that I am also a dealer for the Steinbauer Performance Module and have been for about 6 months.
I think they are a great product and run one on my 07 diesel hilux. My power is up from 126kw to 154kw and torque is also 415nm.

For fellow Perth 4x4 members I am going to offer a discount if anyone is keen on one, RRP for most 4 cyl diesels is $1490 but I am going to offer them to Perth 4x4 members for $1390. They are available for most makes and models, if you don’t have a 4 cyl email me and I will send you a price for your car.
As each module is unique to your model they will be ordered in as required and we would need 20% deposit.

One feature I would like to point out these connect directly to the injectors of common rail diesels and not the fuel pressure sensor.

Below is some info on them.

Up to 20% more power and 20% more torque are impressive values. Improved torque in connection with increased power guarantees enhanced drive at a reduced number of revolutions.

This provides a higher level of control and safety in many traffic situations,
particularly when increased power is needed quickly.

ADVANTAGES of the STEINBAUER Power Enhancement:

Additional electronic - developed and produced by STEINBAUER!

No active increase of boost or common rail pressure!

No interference to existing vehicle components!

Three years guarantee for all STEINBAUER products!

Simple, cost saving installation and deinstallation by original plug connections!

Simple deinstallation without any additional changes at any time!

Full maintenance of the functional integrity of your original engine control unit.

Available for almost every vehicle!

We offer you a highly complex electronic accessory unit that does only one thing: it optimizes the fuel injection processes in your car without increasing the charging-air or common-rail pressure. The original STEINBAUER plug connection can be installed without any complication and can be removed at any time without having to make any additional changes. This fully maintains the functional integrity of your original engine control unit.

Last edited by 4x4 Extras; 31-10-2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: forgot contact
Old 31-10-2011

Can you post your dyno sheets?

There has been a lot of discuss on the patrol forum steinbauer vs chip it and one of the members reviewed both, choosing chip it in the end.

http://www.australianimage.com.au/chipit.html
Old 31-10-2011

Whoops my mistake his review was dp chip vs chip it

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
Can you post your dyno sheets?

There has been a lot of discuss on the patrol forum steinbauer vs chip it and one of the members reviewed both, choosing chip it in the end.

http://www.australianimage.com.au/chipit.html
Old 31-10-2011

Yes different product review there and also completely different product,
both of the DP, chip it and many others adjusts fuel rail pressure.
Steinbauer control the injector pulls width and plug directly into the injectors.

All of these systems give you more power and I am not going to talk badly about other product, it’s up to the individual as to what they think is better, I have my opinion and reasoning but I recommend every one just do some good research and decide for yourself.

If you do want a steinbauer and/or have questions feel free to call for a chat. I am more than happy to explain all about how they work and what power increases you get.

Contact Shaun on 0408348534

Last edited by 4x4 Extras; 31-10-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-11-2011

Thanks for the clarification, trying to compare/decide.

Does the steinbauer adjust the turbo boost and monitor the EGT like the chip it?

Is your Hilux fitted with a 3" exhaust and if yes how much gain came from the exhaust and how much from the steinbauer?

Chip it dyno sheets are 35 - 50% gains with a 3" exhaust, I'm thinking the difference vs steinbauer comes from adjusting turbo boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 Extras View Post
Yes different product review there and also completely different product,
both of the DP, chip it and many others adjusts fuel rail pressure.
Steinbauer control the injector pulls width and plug directly into the injectors.

All of these systems give you more power and I am not going to talk badly about other product, itís up to the individual as to what they think is better, I have my opinion and reasoning but I recommend every one just do some good research and decide for yourself.

If you do want a steinbauer and/or have questions feel free to call for a chat. I am more than happy to explain all about how they work and what power increases you get.

Contact Shaun on 0408348534
Old 01-11-2011

Some great questions there.

Yes I Have a 3" exhaust, the gains from the exhaust are only small with no other mods, but having the 3" exhaust does keep the egt lower and also gives a little more boost with the steinbauer.
The boost is not increased by the steinbauer module but a roll on effect of the extra fuel going in, I have found that my boost hits a max of 17psi now. About a 2psi increase.

Yes chip it does claim those figures and they do achieve them, for how long your engine will last only time will tell.

With steinbauer you will get about 20% increases in power and torque,
you can also run and EGT gauge as I do( I can supply see my web site), and have this switch the module off at a certain temp, I think 20% increase is a safe amount the more fuel the more power than the higher the EGT. As it is I have hit 850deg c before with mine. On my car I have the EGT gauge powering a buzzer at 780deg to warn me to back off. Under normal driving I cannot hit this temp but with a trailer or off road I can.

The steinbauer module is programmed so that after about 60sec at full throttle the module will back off a little from a 20% gain to about 10% so as to reduce the EGT's, this is because they are tested in Australia on our cars in our conditions and set up to be safe for the engine yet still producting a good increase.

For me I just drove around Australia and reliability was the key as well as a good increase in power for towing my caravan.
You will also never have engine light issues due to the Steinbauer.